Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Just Wait And Bear It A Little Longer: Patience By Guns N' Roses



As I have blogged before times are hard and based on what some economic analysts have reported, it might get worse. Right now people everywhere are doing what they can to weather out this economic crisis. With the pressure bearing down on us day by day, it's no surprise that alot of folks are hoping for quick solution to this crisis. As much as I too want a quick fix to this, it's not going to happen and our resolve to get through this will be tested now more than ever. Whenever I think of toughing it out and bearing hard times, it reminds me of the song "Patience" by Guns N' Roses.

Though the song talks about patience in terms of relationship, for me it's all about being able to bear things inorder to solve problems. In an age where people want satisfaction, that's very difficult to do. Some things really take time and this economic crisis is one of them. The last thing I want to do is jump up and down and whine like a spoiled brat because that won't solve anything. Instead of going mad, we need to focus harder on the solutions that would end this problem affecting all of us. It's going to take a while but if we are able to stick it out, maybe something good will come out of all this.

As I've mentioned before, I like Henry Bergson's Shipwreck Theory because it teaches us that one day we will be rescued from the wreckage and just like this crisis, I know it won't be forever. So long as we are willing to take time and effort to confront this, we can lick it. I've always been a patient man through good times and bad which is why despite taking a lot of blows, I will keep on fighting. A journey of a thousand miles always begins with a single step and it's just a matter of making the first step. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel and one of the things we need is a little patience.

No comments: