Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Up To You To Change Things: We've Got To Get Out Of This Place By The Animals



One of the greatest frustrations that I have is trying to make things better only to see things get worse. I'm lucky if the situation reverts back to square one. People tell me that I'm not trying hard enough or am making unrealistic plans that would never or have a slim chance of coming true. The worst part is when things start getting harder and you have few options left. As much as you try not let it get to you, the feeling of regret over not making the right choice weighs heavy inside you which is further compounded by the lectures of those around you and you have no choice but to swallow it because you slipped up big time. Be that as it may, you find a way to change things for the better to get out of this situation and the song "We've Got To Get Out Of This Place" by The Animals tells me that the choice is mine to make.

This song reminds me of the bleak situation I always find myself in. The worst part about it is the people who shouldn't have to work hard anymore still do and I can do little to ease the pressure. Whenever that happens, I hear the sermons and preachings of the could'ves or should'ves, but didn't ringing in my head. Everytime I try to do things the way I want to, it all goes up in smoke and in the end, I feel like an idiot. This really hurts when there is so much at stake, especially now when I'm needed and there's little that I can do. That really makes you wonder if there is really a light at the end of the tunnel.

Be that as it may, I still have to keep trying because I don't want to see things go down the drain. The only reason why I've been so stubborn is because I'm tired of always doing what other people tell me to do even if it is for my good. Well there's no use in crying over spilled milk because there's work that needs to be done. I know in the end it's up to me to find something better not only for myself, but also for the people around me. I hope I do because I really want to because I still believe there's something better out there for all of us.

No comments: