Thursday, December 11, 2008

Real Good Friends: You've Got A Friend By James Taylor



What is a friend? Believe or not, there was a time when I didn't even know what that was and people who I think were friends only took me for all that I was worth. It was a long time before I learned what a friend was and I think about the few people who I am grateful to have met and taught what me what that word really means. A good friend is the next best thing to brother or a sister and I've been fortunate to have known a number of people who fit that description. Many of them have changed my life at one time or another and when I think of them, I feel like listening to the song "You've Got A Friend" by James Taylor.

Originally written by Carol King, JT made this song his own and has been an anthem for all good friends everywhere. It clearly describes what a friend is all about. A person who will be there through good times and bad and will never deceive you when others will. I think about two very important friends in my life: Jovy and Inaki. I thank them both for all the good times that we've shared and helping me through the bad times. Very few people will go the extra mile the way these two have and the things they did for me, I will never forget and can never repay.

A good friend is worth more than all the money in the world. The bond that you forged with them is so close that they are practically family. Even though I seldom see them, I always think about them everyday. I hope I able to hangout with them one of these days because it's been a long time since we did anything like that. Thank you both for the times we've shared and for being patient with me. You guys taught me what a friend is all about, thanks.

No comments: