Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Nothing Lasts Forever: Dust In The Wind By Kansas



A few months ago, my VHS was damaged and when bought from to the repair shop, they told me there are parts for it. I went from one shop to another until I finally gave up and bought another one. What this experience taught me is that nothing last forever in this world. Something you think that these things or even these people will always be there for but the sad truth is they won't. The song "Dust In The Wind" by the band Kansas reminds me of this truth.

This is probably one of the most haunting songs I've ever heard. When I listen to it, I feel that something important is about disappear, leaving me very sad. It makes think of the things and also the people who aren't here anymore. You'd hope that you'd be together with them forever, then all of a sudden, they are nowhere in sight. Whenever I see movies about ancient rulers who bury all their treasures including they're servants, I can't help but wonder what they would be thinking if they entered the afterlife alone after finding out you can't take it with you. Sometimes I think they're in denial if they believe they can hold on to it even after they have left this world.

Like I've said before, lately, I have learned not to take anyone for granted anymore. I have realized how important they all are to me. For some reason, I always think about what would happend if they too disappeared right now. All I know is that it would break my heart if that happened. In the end, it's all ashes to ashes and dust to dust. Cherish everything and everyone while you still can. In the end, everything is dust in the wind.

No comments: