Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm Not Perfect: Human By Human League



Once again when my brothers see this post, they'll probably wonder why I posted this. Anyway the reason why I posted this is because this was probably best describes the feeling we get when we fall short of people's expectations or when we srew up big time. There's always a lot of pressure on us whenever everyone has their eye on what we do and we don't deliver, feeling the heat is just an understatement. It really hurts when you fail and you catch the ire of everyone around and any explanation that you make is written off as a pathetic excuse.
In the end you just say that you'e only human like that song by Human League called "Human".

Whenever you have a goal in mind, you really want to do your best, especially when a lot is at stake. When you fall short of your goals and see everything fall down the drain, it's even the tip of the iceberg. The hard part comes when everybody starts to grill in their own painfully individual manner. Again, what makes it worse is when you turned down or refuse other offers that in their eyes (or even your own) were far better. When you say that your only human, it's not acceptable. Try as much as you want to save the situation, you can't and when they chew you out, you really feel your human limitations.

I really don't like making excuses for my failures because I feel like I'm trying to wash my hands off my failure. As much as I hate to see things fall down the drain, I know there's no escaping the music. You have to face it, take it and learn from it. The only comfort I can get from such a bad experience is a reminder that to err is human and that there are times when I will make mistakes. I just hope that I do better next time. I know it's natural to fail or make a mistake, but that doesn't mean I like making them.



by

No comments: