Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Caught In The Conflict: Crossfire By Stevie Ray Vaughn


Man, as the holiday draws near, I find myself once again with the bad case of the Christmas jitters. This is when you wonder if everyone will make it and if things go smoothly. I've been having this type of anxiety since 1997 and recent events have have only made them worse. I never told this to anyone and it's something that I've been feeling not only during Christmas, but on every important occassion involving people who are dear to me. The last two years have left my nerves shaken due to the personal conflicts that have not been resolved and whenever I think about how it affects everyone in between, it reminds of the song "Crossfire" by Stevie Ray Vaughn.

What I hate about conflicts is that a lot of people in the middle get hurt even though they have nothing to do with it. Although no one talks about it, I know they all feel bad about it. What I thought was resolved at the begining of the year has only grown worse and those in the middle can't do anything about but sit helplessly back and watch the bad story play through. As all of this is going on, I can't help but feel that something good has been destroyed and because of that, what were once strong bods have severed and nobody is talking to nobody. Nobody wants to take sides or intervene less they too get caught in the crossfire.

If there's anything that I want to come true on my birthday and Christmas is that this conflict end and that issues be resolve so that everybody can get some peace of mind. To be honest, not a day goes by when I don't think about this and now with the holidays with just a few weeks away, I feel my blood pressure rising as I pray that things will work out. I hope that this gets resolved and that both parties learn from what happen so that it would not repeat itself. I do so hope that happens instead of an ugly scene. I don't want to celebrate the holidays getting caught in crossfire argument that will only ruin things for everyone and I pray that it doesn't.

No comments: