Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cool Jamming Song: White Room



A few months ago, I blogged about one of the best summers of my life. This was during the Summer Of '89. All I did was hang out with my buddies and get wasted from noon to night. It was one of the few times that I felt really free and life was sure good during that time. It was really the summer where we rocked and rocked hard. One of the songs that my friends' jammed during that summer was a classic song from the band Cream called "White Room".

Man, this song brings back memories of those good old days when good music was rare and beer was cheap. I'd walked over to my friend's house as he and my other friends would start setting things up. After a few brews and spices, they would start jamming and this was one of the songs that they really played well. Pretty soon the bottles would start rolling on the floor and we were stewed for the day. I was so knocked up, I had to get a ride to go home.

More than the drinks and the good music what made those days so memorable for me was the fact that I found my own group of friends rather than just going with my brothers in their gimicks. Soon enough, they were joining us and the more the merrier. With cheap beer, alot of spice and good people all around listening to music, who can ask for anything more? It was next best thing to heaven for me and it still is. It will always be one of the best things that happened in my life which I will forever cherish.

No comments: