Sunday, December 28, 2008

What Listening To 24K Is All About: Listen To The Music By The Doobie Brothers




I just had my morning ruined again on the day that I was looking forward to all month long. To say that it's not good to wake up and be pissed the whole day is a gross understatement. Good thing 24K was on and to soothe my boiling temper, I simply turned on the radio and just listened to all those great and rare hits that I grew up on. It really takes me to a time when good music was all around us and that was all we needed. I get reminded of that when I listen to The Doobie Brothers' hit song "Listen To The Music".

This song takes me back to the garage days where we gathered around with all our cassette tapes and booze to chill out. Nothing but good music and laughter filled the air and some of brothers really got into the song as they lipsinked or actually sang along with the tape. I never claim to be a music expert but I do know that good music works wonders for the soul on any ocassion. When it comes to dancing the blues away, this song fits the bill.

I'm feeling a little better now after a good afternoon of cool songs from the past. You can say it's a cheap form of therapy which gives comfort to an otherwise crappy holiday. When I hear this song, I long for those day when we celebrated the holidays the way it should be celebrated. After what's been happening lately, I groan with the thought. Oh well, at least there's 24K and till something good happens, I'll let the music play and listen till I chase those blues away.

No comments: