Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday Song: Manic Monday By The Bangles



As much as I'm not a lazy person, I know alot of people agree with me that this is the day we like the least. That day of course, is Monday. Whenever that day starts, you really pray that it would be a good day. How your Mondays go always determine the rest of the week. Everytime my alarm clock rings on that day, I always wish for a few more minutes in bed, but the weekends are over and it's back to the grind. Whenever I hear the song "Manic Monday" by The Bangles, I get reminded that how you start the week will determine how you end it.

Man, the hard part of this day is when the sun breaks, there's no escaping it and it's time to earn your keep. When you get to the office, you hope that the workload doesn't get too heavy or too light. When it's too much, your energy gets sapped and when you still have four days to go and when you have too little, you have to figure out how to be productive in between days. When I get to the office, it's time to shake off the hangover and concentrate on the day's chores. Hopefully, you be able to get the bulk of the data you need, write it down, organize it, have it edited and send it out without a fuzz. When that happens, then you started and finished the week right.

If I wasn't to tired from the weekend's demands which takes the fun out of my day off, I'd probably have more energy to meet the first day of the week. It's hard to start the week when your batteries aren't fully charged. Be that as it may, there's no escaping it. Just go out there and do your best. Don't think about what day it s, but focus on the task at hand. Before you know it, the week is over and all your chores are done. I just hope I get enough R & R on the weekend so that when Monday comes along, I'll be ready for it.

No comments: