Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hung Around With Anybody Cool: Down Boys By Warrant



During my last semester in college, the one thing that I hated was the fact that all the good schedules were taken and I was left with late slots. To make things worse, I had a four hour break in between those schedule. I felt it would be a waste if I went home only to return again. Luckily, I was able to meet with different kinds of people during my time in college. As a result, not only did I find a way to pass the time, I was also able to meet and hang out with different types of people with did me good. That's the reason why I remember those times whenever I hear the song "Down Boys" by Warrant.

It was a crazy time because one minute I was asleep in the library and cramming for my thesis in the next. Whenever I was with the long-haired rockers, it was all brews and spices. If I was with the geeks, I was exposed to Macross, anime, manga and other stuff(it was surprising the type of things these guys carry). Other times, I was with the run-of-the-mill types and just exchanged conversations till class started. It was a crazy way to finish college but I made it through.

It's been a long time since college graduation and I still am trying to get it together. Despite dealing with a lot of things both at work and at home, whenever I think of those crazy times, it takes some of the pressure of me. It really did me good because I was able to meet different types of people, learn a lot from them and best of all have good time with them. Thinking about those times really puts a smile on my face whenever it comes to mind. Just goes to show how much of a good time you can with different people if you just let yourself enjoy their company.

No comments: