Friday, December 26, 2008

When It All Goes Up In Flames: Paper In Fire By John Mellencamp



Well the first part of the holidays are over as I'm trying to gather my wits about me from all that alcohol I just drank. Next week we begin to say goodbye to 2008 and welcome 2009. Of course, with the new year just around the corner, we all hope for better things and to fulfill that which was denied to us during this year. When I think about this year and the years before that, the first things that come to mind were all the dreams and plans that went up in flames which once again I hope won't happen in the coming new year. When I think about the things that did I wanted so much to come true, but went up in flames, I remember John Mellencamp's song "Paper In Fire".

Losing things that mean alot to you is a really bitter and hard pill to swallow. This is especially true when your salvation or your future is at stake. You try and try and just when you're so close, something happens and it all goes up in flames so fast that you can't put it out. When the smell of the smoke and the burning embers are all that remain, you just stand and stare with mixed feelings of shock and anger. There's alot of that going around and it's going on so frequently that I'm sure alot of people are sick of it.

Looking back, I sure hope that things turn out better next year then they did this year. I know hoping is not enough to ensure a better and more prosperous new year which means I to move to make things happen. I just hope that I do the right things this time around so that it will come true because there's so much at stake and there's little time left. With that in mind, I better be careful about what do so that things turn out right this time around. The one thing I don't want is to it all burn up in flames again cause it's just for me but also for those around me.

No comments: