Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bad Times Warped Your Mind: Pretzel Logic



I don't if I'll be able to describe this song properly tonight. The daily grind has been giving me a bad case of the daily blues. If it's not one problem, it's definitely another. Either way, when it hits you, feel the tightening in you're chest and you slump to your sofa with a deep sigh. As you sigh, you think about all the things you wish to do and all the things that-could-have-been. Whenever I get into that state, I think those things are now gone. When that depressing, thought enters my mind, I play "Pretzel Logic" by Steely Dan.

When this song starts to play, I wish I had glass of Southern Comfort or Jack Daniels as I let the song take me back to times when those things were easy to attain. You hope that it's still there, but the sad truth is that it's gone and you get that feeling of being shut out or too late. The first three lines reminds me of things that will never come true and boy does that hurt. You're left with remnants and try to make the most of it.

It's wishful thinking, but I wish that there way to make those dreams come true. Sadly, when you miss your chance, that's it game over. Not everything will always be there and what they say about no-or-never is definitely true. I learned that the hard way and I'm trying to come to terms with it. You just have to move because life always moves on so make the best of it while you can.

No comments: