Thursday, June 5, 2008

Another Chillout Song: Cross My Heart By Everything But The Girl


As the years go buy, life gets stressful everyday. The worst part about it is that in my case, chill out time or that time where you can relax is fast becoming a rare opportunity. What I mean by chill out time is when you get a few hours or better yet, a few days to yourself where hang loose either by yourself or with your friends and brothers. If I'm by myself, my ideal chill out time would simply be listening to the radio where all my 24k songs are being played with a beer in one hand and a cigar in the other with no one bothering me. I can feel all the pressures vanish away as my favorite tunes put me in relaxation mode and all the good memories start to come alive like poping one dvd disc of your favorite movie after another. One particular song that makes me relax is a song by the group Everything But The Girl called "Cross My Heart".

Also this song is more about girl who worried about what her man's been doing while she's not with him. Curiousity and worry gets bottled up inside her and although she wants to know the truth, she restraints herself for fear of getting into an argument. So even though she's in pain, she takes it in for the sake of not wanting to rock the boat. Despite the theme of the song, it has one of the most relaxing and refreshing tunes that I've heard on radio. When you listen to the lyrics, it's like the singer is pouring her heart out on this song.

Sometimes I wish a had a bottle of Southern Comfort when I listen to this song. It's unfortunate that they don't have it anymore because every time I see a liquour store and ask, they say it's no longer in stock. Another way that I would enjoy this song is by probably gaze at the lights that illuminate the city at night. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of a view. Either way, this is one of the few songs that soothe my weary being after a hard days work just like a warm blanket on freezing night which why it is one of my favorite songs of the 80's.

No comments: