Friday, June 27, 2008

Dream Girl/Rude Awakening: This Is My Paradise By The Outfield



I remember a dream I had when I was in high school I met a beautiful girl who I found myself marrying and had a child with. My mother was proud of me and I was never so happy in my life because I had this feeling that everything was coming together. Then the alarm clock rang and I found myself hurrying to get dressed and go to school. In between breaks, I found myself trying to remember or recreate everything that happened in that dream. Years later when I saw the band The Outfield's video "This Is My Paradise" being shown on T.V.and the memory of of those moments of bliss came back like for a few minutes.

Both the video of the song and my dream had a lot in common. Like the video I was gazing at the girl who I can't take my eyes off. Both girls were simple looking yet stunning. Most important of all, both me and the singer didn't want to wake up from that dream. The way I felt back then, it was the first time in my life that nothing else mattered. Unfortunately, like the song, I suddenly woke up to a very rude awakening because in the mornings there was only one rule: get up and get ready for school.

Years have passed and I still try to remember that dream and more importantly that feeling of bliss where I felt a happiness that I've never felt before. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever feel that way again. At present, I'm just going about my daily routine in the daily grind of reality. Even if it doesn't come into my head again, atleast I still remember the feeling that dream gave me. To this day, it still comforts me in the late hours of the night.



The Outfield - My Paradise
Vezi mai multe video din Muzica »

1 comment:

joari71 said...

Hello and, how about the girls of this videoclip? Do you know how do they look in these days or even if they are still alive?
Those girls were so pretty.
I love this song and the videoclip.
Thanks.
Jose.