Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Young Make It Easy: She's So Young By The Pursuit Of Happiness





One thing I hate about getting older is that things get more and more complicated everyday. Trying to catch up gets harder as you realize that you're not as strong or as sharp as you use to be. When I see young people nowadays, I think of the verse that opened up the movie "Platoon" which is "Rejoice Young Man, In Thy Youth", which means live while you can cause one day you won't be able to. Speaking of the youth, I remember a female classmate of mine who I had a crush on. She was always smiling and everything she did, she did effortlessly. The way she carried herself made think that she can do anything and worry about anything. When I think of her, I alway requested the song "She's So Young" by The Pursuit Of Happiness.

It describes her perfectly as carefree soul who was so full of life. Shewas never snobbish and always greeted you with a wide grin which was infectious. She need not question herself because she was so full of confidence and yet she can never be called arrogant. It was like everything in the world was all right with her and there was nothing else that she needed. Even remembering her smile, cheers me up to this day.

Compared to her, I was a nervous wreck with a lot of question racing around my head. I guess this is the reason why people often comment that I had a melancholic expression. Many times I wondered how she does it because even if she did have something on her mind, she never let it show. Whenever I listen to this song, I think of her and I wonder how she is right now. I hope that if we meet each other, she still has that wide smile cause if she does, then I know she's still the same young girl who need not question the world like I do.

No comments: