Sunday, June 22, 2008

Searching For That Special Thing: Don't Stop Believing By Journey



I remember when I first heard Journey on 99.5 rt in 1981 and since then, it became one of my favorite rock bands during the 80's. They played songs that were straight from the heart and when the Steve Perry, for me was one of the best rock vocalists of that decade. Their album Escape had some of my favorite song which I still listen to this day. The first song from that album is one of my favorites which is "Don't Stop Believing".

Whenever I hear the piano and the guitar opening from this song it still makes me want to stop what I'm doing and listen to the song. This is one of the few power ballads that works in a bar and during my high school days, this song always got played in a lot of bars. It tells about the things we look for whenever we roam around the streets at night. Some look for hope while others, look for love. Either way, we all search for something whenever we stroll the urban jungle.

More than 20 yrs have passed and this band and this song still has that effect on me. I remember when I used to work in Manila, I used to have one or two beers to relax before I head home. Sometimes I linger a little before I call it a day. I guess amidst the hectic demands of the day, I sometimes want to look for something to take comfort in. We all look for something to ease ourselves after a hard day, just like this song.

No comments: