Wednesday, June 18, 2008

24k's Still The One: Still The One By Orleans



There's no nostalgic radio program that can top 99.5rt's 24k program. I'll say it again, they played not only the hits of the past, also the rarest of the rare. Even during my time and that of my brother's, they manage to air hit songs that became so rare that they practically owned those tunes. The best part is that those old always made my day. Other so-called "Memory Lane" crap programs only play the obvious hits, not those songs that always made the party's and adventures that we went through memorable. Some of these songs make me go into motormouth mode when I hear it as I drive along the highway. One such song "Still The One" by Orleans which is a true classic.

The song speaks about being true to the one that you are with. So strong is the bond that you share with that special someone that it has withstood the bad times and made stronger by the good times. Even if there were times of conflict, it won't be enough to split you up with your special someone. Through thick and thin is what this song is all about and it has done just that. I recommend this song to people who want to make it last cause this song sure lasted through the years.

For me, this song is all about are 24k. Like I said in the first paragragh, no other program can compare it. That's why when I heard that Rt signed off, it broke my heart. There'll never be another like it in my opinion. That's why I write about these songs in my blog. This program and it's songs will always be the one for me because of the great tunes and the great memories that I enjoyed through the years.

No comments: