Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's Not Over Yet: Don't Dream It's Over By Crowded House



Before blogging on the internet was popular, I used to keep a journal where I would write about my thoughts and views. A lot of the things that I wrote were about things that I hoped for but sadly didn't come to pass. It's hard for me to mention this because as I wrote down my entries, I noticed that this happened several times during different periods in my life. A period ends without any closure which leaves me wondering if I'll ever achieve something meaningful. Times like these, the song "Don't Dream It's Over" by Crowded House gives me some assurance.

I remember the first time I heard this song which was a week after my graduation and my brother's marriage. I admit that when high school was over, I felt a certain void deep inside me. Was it because there were things I wanted to do or people I wanted to be with, but never got the chance. What hurts is that I would have the same feeling during my last year in college as well. It's like I missed my chance at something but I don't know what it is.

When I hear this song, I get a glimmer of hope that it is not over. I take comfort in the thought that maybe it was not the time for it yet. I guess that's why I shy away from reunions because whenever I think about the past, that void feeling comes back to haunt me. Yet despite all the unaswered questions, this song assures me that maybe one I'll get the chance to fill the void and really move on, not just catching up with the times. I'll know that day will come and I'll for it as I live.

No comments: