Friday, June 6, 2008

Finding An Ear That Will Listen: Talk To Me By Stevie Nicks



One of the bands that made a good transition from the 70's to the 80's was Fleetwood Mac. Although I agree that their best songs were probably in the 70's, nevertheless, they also produced a lot of good tunes in the 80's as well. Apart from that, some of the members came out with solo albums of their own. One member that stands out of course is the lead singer Stevie Nick who is one of rocks most attractive women. Remember one song that came out that decade which she sang that best described the need that I had at the time. I still have to find the name of the album but I do know that the song was called "Talk To Me".

This was like an early version of 10,000 Maniac's song "Trouble Me" which was a hit in the early 90's. The reason why I'm writing this is because both songs have the same massage of extending a helping hand or in my case, an ear that will listen. It speaks of times when we are lowest and that there is always that special someone we can run to when we are on the edge. You can say it's much like a Larry King where you get pour out what you have inside of you to that willing someone just to get the hurt out of your system. People who are willing to that for others are a rare breed and with all the teen shootings and suicides out there, we need more people like these to help others loosen up and make them realize that there is another way to deal with the problems locked up in people.

This song is special for me because it came at a time when everything fell apart and I didn't know who turn to. You can say it was the first many low cycles that occured in my life which really left me groaning on the floor. Everything was a blur and I didn't know who to turn to at that time. The sad part is that I had no one to turn and the response to my plight was a stone cold truth: Get yourself out of your own predicament cause no else will. Fortunately, this song was one of the things that help get me back to my feet at that time which is why this is one of my favorites to this day.

No comments: