Saturday, June 7, 2008

Nostalgia/Hala!! Song: 65 Love Affair By Paul Davis



This is one of my 10 ten favorite 24k songs. When I say top ten 24k songs, these are probably the rarest of the rare. Almost no video was made and was seldom played after it's time came to pass. These are one of the songs that had a deep impression on me because it perked me up when it was played and we usually hear when there was a drinking spree and everyone's spirits were in full party mode (with a little help from a few beers, etc.). Beer or no beer, this song was always fun to listen and remains one of my favorites to this day. The song was "65 Love Affair" By Paul Davis.

This song really brings back memories of the good times that I shared with my friends and my brothers where weekends really rocked. On the other hand, for some people, it could be about remembering a sweet romance with a special someone who they share their life with in the past. Then again, it brings back a period in my life when we were almost caught red-handed by our mother during one of those "good times". I remember those blaring eyes as well as those spasms in her cheeks but fortunately we got away with it. That moment sends shivers down my spine when I remember it.

It was two years ago that I was able to hear this song again and boy it was the first 24k song I loaded in my MP3 player. I never get tired of this song because it takes the years of my shoulders and makes me feel good the way a 24k song should.
Just like Eddie Money's "I Wanna Go Back", it makes me want to travel back to those cool days and given the choice, I'd go back in a heartbeat. Sadly, I heard that Paul Davis recently passed away due to a heart attack. God bless you Paul and thanks for the cool song.

No comments: