Friday, June 20, 2008

I Think Of Cherubins: We Belong By Pat Benatar



One of the great divas of the 80's was Pat Benatar. I remember her as the small girl with the big voice. She wrote and produced some of the best songs of that decade. What I like about her is that she made a variety of songs for every kind of mood that person would feel at a certain situation. Sometimes it was about rebellion, sex, dreams, being tought, etc. There was always a song made by her that a person would listen to. One song of hers that I liked was "We Belong" which me feel like I stumbled into paradise and music filled the air.

The video showed a valley a with a waterfall flowing down a beautiful river. Everytime I see it, I feel like I'm going through a journey out of the chaotic pressure of the City. As I go, I feel the weight of the world slowly lifted from my shoulders as I go deeper to where the song beckons. The part where children's choir is the best part of the song. It's like listening to heaven's cherubins assuring all is well.

To this day, whenever I hear this song, it takes me back to that video and the soothing feeling of comfort. I feel like I've reached the highest point in meditation when this song is being played. My Karate sensei's son listens to this song too. I remember watching him on tv doing a kata demo using this song. Just goes to show the power this song has promoting harmony and focus. That's why it's one of my favorites.

No comments: