Sunday, June 8, 2008

Karma Song : In The Air Tonight By Phil Collins



They say that no evil deeds go unpunished. What we do or don't to others will always come back to haunt us which is why we better be very careful of how we treat people because what goes around, comes around is a fact and not superstitious mumbo-jumbo. Some call it karma or righteous vengeance; either way I firmly believe what goes around comes around. Either way, when you do something terrible to others, you can run or hide but it catches up to you to the end. When it does, you better be ready to face the music. This is what I learned the first time I listen to Phil Collin's song "In The Air Tonight".

Although, some say that he wrote the song after coming off a bad divorce, some say it deals with committing a crime and covering it up. The worse part about it is when the perpetrators act all high and mighty even though they're hands are all diry. This makes me sick is to see these people move about so arrogantly that they think that just because they got away with it, they're better than other people. That's when they get caught, I feel no pity for them because not only did they commit terrible crimes, they thought that they were above punishment which them believe that they can do anything they want.

Some call me a neo-conservative or "neo-con" because I adhere to this belief. If that is true, what turned me into a neo-con were events that happened in the past where I witness people getting away with bad behavior just because they were pissed off; still that doesn't give them an excuse to do terrible things to other people, especially those who are innocent. Other reasons are due to partial treatment to a specific group and the so-called "underdog" mentality where people hide behind their weakness to commit cruel acts. Nowadays, the punishment don't fit the crime and people are seldom held accountable for their actions which started to irritate me. That's why when I listen to this song, it reminds me that people like the ones in this song should really take a real good look at themselves.

No comments: