Saturday, June 14, 2008

Never Stop Believing Things Will Get Better: Don't Stop By Fleetwood Mac




One of the things that I liked learning in College Philosophy was Henry Bergson's "Shipwreck Philosophy" which means periods in one's life where things go bad for a long period of time. I really understood that lesson very well because many times in my life, I fell victim to such unfortunate situations. During those times, I found myself alone and at the mercy of everyone's preachings. Be that as it may. what I liked about Bergson's teaching is that there is an upside in the end which is the eventual rescue from such a shipwreck. When I hear Fleetwood Mac's song, "Don't Stop", it reminds me of that lesson.

This is one of those really uplifting song that it makes weeping man jump for joy and sing along. It tells us not to give up hope and look forward to the future. It has so much positive vibes that when things get bleak, this song reminds me not to worry too much. As for "shipwreck" periods", it sure kept me going, when I could've just called it quits during those morbid days. Compared with today's, this song makes your day rather than ruins it.

Best memories of this song were on Friday nights when me and my brothers and sometimes our friends would sing alon with this song while having a few drinks. We'd all laugh pass the "joy" around till the wee hours of the evening. Even we eventually passed out drunk, atleast it was with a smile on our faces. Best of all for this songs reminds me that there'll always be another day. More importantly, a better day that the one before.

No comments: