Saturday, May 21, 2011

When I Finally Get It Together: I'm Finding You By Eric Johnson





Time after time, I've always mention in my post, the effects of missing out on things that could have made one's life complete. In my case. you can say I both too sheltered as well as had lousy luck,hence the reasons why the past haunts me day by day. As a result, I often have that faraway look as if I'm searching for the things I've lost in the hopes that I'll be whole again. The years haven't been kind but that I still believe that I'll be able to pick up the pieces and finally get it whole again. Keeping that wish alive reminds me of the song "I'm Finding You" by Eric Johnson.

The is one of those that hooked me the moment I heard when I was watching Austin City Limits. This is also a cool song to listen to on a long drive or when you wind down at the end of the day as the cold winds of the night starts to blow. Unresolve issues pop into your head and you can't help but wonder if things would be different had you done it back then. As a result, you get a lingering feeling of that you need to find that which you have lost. Only then, will get some peace of mind.



These days when a blast from the past suddenly hits me, I can't help but get reminded of what I've lost and what I need to find. True the past is past and you can never get it back. Still, maybe I should look to the present and better yet the future. Maybe there I'll be able to gather what I've lost. When that I happens, maybe I'll at least some of the peace that I was looking for.

No comments: