Wednesday, May 4, 2011

When You Want To Take Some Time For Yourself: The Long Way Home By Rupert Holmes




One of the things that I miss about my old job was taking a walk among the city's bright lights during the evening. Times like that, I really wanted to stay a while and soak up the sounds as well as the sights. More importantly, it gives me time to reflect on what the things that happened during day. Bad or good, this ritual, helps me end the day before making my way back home. Thinking about that ritual reminds me of the song "The Long Way Home" by Rupert Holmes.

What can I say? I'm sucker for songs that soothe the troubled mind and I tend to think too much which is what people often say to me when they look at me. When things don't work out well often, you really need to take some time and shake it off. Those long walks amidst the bright lights can help escpecially when times are tough. That's when taking a walk can do some good. A brew and stoogie with this song in the background can top it off when you through walking.

These days, I don't have that luxury anymore. I have to hurry home to make sure things are okay there. Apart from that, you try taking a long walk in the streets, you might find yourself getting robbed as there are few decent, let alone safe places to take a stroll. Oh well, I guess listening to this song before going to bed is the next best thing. What important is that at the end of the day, you get some peace of mind. This song helps and that's enough.

No comments: