Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Thought They Would Last Longer: Green Tinted Sixties Mind By Mr. Big



I remember when Mr. Big first hit the music scene which was during my
last year in college. They had a formidable line-up with Eric Martin,
Paul Gilbert, Billy Sheehan and Pat Torpey. Sheehan alone was the
reason I was interested in the group because the rave reviews that I
read about him several guitar and rock magazines. When I heard the
first single from their break through album "Lean On It" I was
impressed. The song was "Green Tinted Sixties Mind".

It was a catchy song and starting riffs were pretty cool. According
Wikipedia, it was about a girl who living as if it were still the
1960s. Anyway it was great song and I always liked hearing it when it
played on the airwaves. With the song that good, I thought that they
would go far. Unfortunately, they never replicated their success
though they were big in Japan for a while.

Recently, I heard that they have regrouped and are scheduled to play
here in the Philippines. Apart from that, they are now planning to
release a new album called "What If" and are presently promoting it.
I hope they do well this time around. They were too talented to
suddenly limit themselves to Japan and Europe. There are still a lot
of people who remember and enjoy their music so I wish them all the
luck.

No comments: