Monday, May 2, 2011

The Dragon Redeemed: Enter The Dragon Soundtrack





Last year I was rather depressed at what happened to Lyoto Machida. After lackluster first defense against Shogun Rua, he lost the belt after being knocked out in the rematch. Worse, he lost a close decision to Quinton "Rampage" Jackson which nearly put his MMA career on jeopardy due to his poor performance. That all change last April 30 when he scored a 2nd round knock out of Randy Couture at UFC 129. Being a karate practitioner, I was thrilled at his victory for he has vindicated himself at long last. My joy at seeing the "Dragon" roar once more made me want to listen to the soundtrack of the movie "Enter The Dragon".

I was worried when I heard Machida and Couture will fight against each other and that worry heightened when the match started as Machida started to use the same slow routine that he's known. That worried me because Randy is a determined fighter and he's the best when it comes to octagon control. Out of the blue, Machida launced a flying front kick that knock the Natural out cold earning Machida the win. I found myself jumping up and down and shouting for joy. Not only did the Dragon win, he now redeemed himself from his past losses.

What makes it better was that he was humble in victory and praised Couture after the match. I was sad to see Couture loose his last match but nevertheless, the crowd gave him a standing ovation as he made his way out of the stadium. Couture is also one of my favorites for he is one of the fighters who laid the foundation for making MMA what it is today. I hope Dana White does something for him like he did with Lidell. Long live the Dragon and may he fly high once more!

No comments: