Saturday, May 14, 2011

Battered and Bruised By Made It Out: Raise A Voice By Crosby, Stills And Nash



Ever had that experience when you've through a terrible period in your life. Everything was falling apart, there was no one to turn to and you're on the edge of your sanity. Despite all the terrible odds, you stand your ground and you keep your wits about you. Rather than succumb to the madness, you resist with all your might. Though it seems like an eternity, you survive the storm and when it's over, you're finally home and safely tucked in bed. That's the feeling that I get when I hear the song "Raise A Voice" by Crosby, Stills And Nash.

Getting in a bad situation really sucks but that's you see just how strong or weak you really are. Times are tough and just when you thinks are bad, they just get worse. I'm not Superman but I don't to let all this overwhelm so I struggle to overcome it as best as I can. It hurts so much that sometimes, you just go numb but you soldier on because there are people who depend on you and believe in you. It gets easier when you start figuring what to do and in doing so get things done or find a solution to the problem. Despite being battered, physically, mentality and emotionally, you feel good that you made through and now it's time go home.

I still have a lot of problems that I have to deal and I know my brothers and their have their fair share as well but that doesn't mean we'll crawl under a rock. True, these past few years have really been hard on us but we're still here and that means we're still fighting. I guess that alone makes us winners. Still, there's a lot to do and we're in the thick of it, we do know we are not helpless. One I will do when I pull through my struggles is to listen to this song while I'm recuperating, it reminds me that no matter how bad things get, we can make it out if we want to.

No comments: