Friday, May 6, 2011

It's The Thought That Counts: Mama Used To Say By Junior




I decided to write my entry on Mother's Day early since a lot of things might be happening on the day itself. On that day, we honor our mothers who have devoted their time to see to it that we have a good life. At times, they could be over-bearing to the point that you're being smothered. In the end, they do it because they love you. Every time I hear Junior's song "Mama Use To Say", it reminds of the lessons my mother imparted to me.

I can really say that my mother truly loved us because she went all out in making sure that we were fed, clothed and had a roof over our heads. More than that, she was always concerned about how we are doing. Sometimes, I have to admit that she can go overboard to the point of superstitious stubbornness and this often leads to arguments. Yet at the end of the day, we always make up because deep a mother always has her children's best interest at heart. All that because of her unwavering devotion.

Despite the difference in generations, we will always love our mothers because they always love us and accept us for all our virtues and flaws. I keep that in mind now that our father is no longer with us and I want to make sure that she is okay. She went the extra mile for us which is why we can do no less. The sooner you realize what she has done for you, the more you will understand, appreciate and most important of all love her! Happy Mother's Day to all mothers!!!!

No comments: