Monday, May 30, 2011

Good Music Is Hard To Find: Kids Wanna Rock By Bryan Adams




The only time that I listen to the radio is when 24K Weekend is on the air. It's on that program where I can hear the music my generation as well as other great and rare tunes of the past. I just can't relate with the music that's on the airwaves so when the weekend, rolls by, I get my mp3s ready and listen who the weekend. It's like going to the liquor cabinet and breaking out the fine wine. The difficulty of finding good tunes reminds me of the song "Kids Wanna Rock" by Bryan Adams.

I relate with the part about turning the knob for a while before getting to listen to good songs on the air. These days, the songs are really hard to understand, let alone appreciate. Gone were the days when songs had substance and you can really listen to them all day long. Most of the songs I hear today are either re-hash or about whinning kids who won't face up to their mistakes. If there are any good songs out there nowadays, you once again had to dig deep to find them cause they'll never be played on the airwaves!

Now even 24K is in danger again! People are playing less and less of the rare classics that make 24K different from other classic programs. What's worse is that they're edging out the older generation for new 24K songs that suck! What kind of classic programing is that if you're taking out the true classic?! It's sad to say but real good music is now becoming hard to find or were on the verge of extinction.

No comments: