Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Funny Love Song About Loving Someone Ugly: When I Turn Off The Living Room Light By The Kinks




I'm a firm believer that beauty is only skin deep and that true comes from within. Despite, standing firm on that, there times when first impressions really leave a mark on you and it's hard to sugar-coat a response when you're so shocked by someone's facial appearance. Still, I admire those who mate up with someone who isn't exactly an Adonis or a Venus. I guess it all depends on the person. Being that said, it reminds me of the song "When I Turn Off The Living Room Light" by The Kinks.

I have to admit, the first time I heard this song, I burst out laughing. Later on, I also used this song to tease that obnoxious batchmate of mine and as always, it drove him up the wall. You have to admire the person in this song to love someone like that, but then again he may seen something that others didn't. Still, the fact that he had to turn off the lights casts some doubts about his sincerity. I wonder how he copes when the morning comes?

These days, I doubt that you'll be hearing this kind of song. People are so "politically correct" that they wouldn't dare. Still, humor is best when it's no holds bard. It was a pleasant surprise to see this finally posted on Youtube. It takes me back to the day when my classmate would chase all around the school for using this song to tease him. It was funny then and it's still funny now.

No comments: