Saturday, May 28, 2011

Another Song That Helps Me Clear My Thoughts When I Feel Unfulfilled: Seven Turns By The Allman Brothers





What I miss about the good old days was the free time I use to have to relieve mylself from the week's stress. These days, I feel that there's no escaping it now and it doesn't help that the things that I lost keep coming in and out of my mind as reminder of unsatisfied I am. Times like that, it seems that the radio is my only refuge since all you have to do is turn it on and trip with the music. It helps put my mind at ease with the hope that one day I will be able to accomplish everything that's been sidelined in my life. One such song that does that is "Seven Turns" by The Allman Brothers.

This is one of the songs that I really loved during my las years in college. It gets better when I drive down the road and this song is playing. Not only is it one of the best driving songs that I've heard but also relaxes me physically and mentally, especially when there's no traffic and I get to go faster. It's also cool to listen to at night when you're alone and the moon is full. Gives you a chance to reflect on the day's events and take stock of what you'll do tomorrow.

I guess that's the reason why I'm so restless as well tense lately. With all the demands and problems that I've been facing, I feel so frustrated that the things that I've been working on haven't come through when I needed it most. Still, I will remain focus and one day, I swear I'll get it done no matter how many things get in my way. With songs like this to soothe my unfulfilled ambitions, I know I'll get by. It reminds me that there are things I need to do and once it's done then I'll be at peace.

No comments: