Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One Of The Funniest Films Of All Time: Animal House Soundtrack By Stephen Bishop



One of the funniest films that I ever watched was "Animal House." It tells the story of two fratenity groups, the prestigious Omega Theta Phi whose members are made up of snobby, rich and popular kids and the notorious Delta Tau Kai made up of campus misfits whose escapades form the brunt of the film. There was never a dull moment in this film and still cracks me up when I watch it. It is only fitting that I use Stephen Bishop's soundtrack from the movie for this post.

As I've said there are nearly few dull moments in this movie. From the two freshmen joining Delta house to the cafeteria scene to their expulsion to their revenge was hilarious. It is ironic that the misfits at Delta were the ones who did well later did well in life. The icing on the cake is when Bluto married the Mandy and was elected senator. The fact that he earned a 0.0 average made it even more funny. I guess life is full of surprises.



The film launched out the so-called gross out genre, meaning comedy that makes use of digusting situations. It later spawned an array of imitation films that tried to capitalize on this kind of humor. Sadly, those who tried were poor imitations of this film. It is said to be one of the best comedy films of all time and I agree with that. I paid a large amount of money to buy a DVD of this film because it was worth it. It was funny then and it's still funny now.

No comments: