Friday, August 6, 2010

They Were There For You, Be There For Them: James That's Why I'm Here By James Taylor




I always believe that one good turn deserves another which means that if someone helps you, you them when they need it. This is especially true when those who help you are strangers who did it because it's the right thing to do and are ready to be there for you no questions asked. People like are now becoming a rare breed and when someone like that pulls us up from the void, it is just that we return the good deed tenfold. I guess that's the reason why I return the favor to those who help me because they were there for me. When it comes to people who are always there for you, the song "That's Why I'm Here" by James Taylor comes to mind.

Whether it was friends and family who were there when my father passed away or those people who took time to support my efforts on the net or people who defended me when I was falsely accused and being ganged up upon, these people came through for me and my family during the times when there was nobody to lend a hand. Because of that, I do my best to be there when they need me. It hurts me if I don't come through because recalling all that they had done, I should've done them one better. The fact that they asked nothing in return is only fitting that we be there and do more. That continuous cycle of being there for each other is what we all need now that times are tough.

I know may sound like making a big boast but I really want to be there for those who helped me. I could never thank them enough. Guys like my friends and my brothers buddies who were there for us through the years. Old acquaintances who continue to keep the bonds of friendship alive. My followers who took a liking to my efforts like John Marine, Jenny Escano and other new friends I've met through the internet. I can't thank you guys enough. You guys were there for me and that's why I'm here for you.

No comments: