Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's Nice To Know That There's Somebody That Cares: Reach Out I'll Be There By The Four Tops




I remember there was a time when I was really depressed to the point that I thought there was no one to turn to. Things were really bleak and I was alone and struggling with all my demons. Then from out of the blue, one of my brothers reached out and gave me strength to deal with my dilenma. It was nice to know that even during one's bleakest moments, there's always a helping hand that will pull you out of the abyss. It's in times like that I remember the song "Reach Out I'll Be There" by The Four Tops.

Apart from this experience, there were other people out there, who helped pull me out of a deep funk at other times in my life. I still remember Jovy who was my former office mate who always lent her ear so that I can pour out my woes and there's my pal Inaki who always cheered me up over a brew and a herb when my temper was hot. Now I also have friends on the net like John Marine, Jenny Escano and many others who have lent their support to what I am working on. That really warms my heart at night.

Like I've said before, they were there for me and I try my best to be there for them. Like my brothers, they help keep me going even during the toughest times. The way that they reached out to me is something that I can never repay. That's I do my best to help them and give my new net friends my "support" as they done for me.
It's nice to know that there's someone out there who would do that and I am eternally grateful for it which is why I do what I can for them and others because they did so for me.

No comments: