Wednesday, August 11, 2010

When Things Come To An End: Goodbye By The Spice Girls




you listen to the playlist of 24K, sometimes it strikes you that more and more new songs are now being aired on the program. Songs that were once brand new have now joined the ranks of 24K. Whenever that happens, I get the feeling the feeling that another era has ended and sadly another band, artist or group has called it a day. I guess all things come to an end, eventually. One song that signifies that is "Goodbye" by The Spice Girls.

I remember during the mid-90's when these girls burst into the music scene, they defined girl power during that decade. They were making one hit after another and it seemed that they were here to stay. Then one of their members broke off from the group. When this song came out, it was an announcement that they were calling it quits. I guess a lot of people were surprise to learn the news.

I guess it's that old lesson that nothing lasts forever. One moment you're there and the next moment you're gone. Though I'm not a fan, it saddens me when a group or an artists suddenly disappears from the scene, especially after all the work they put in and the impact that they have. Well, I hope they're doing okay right now. I hope they're happy with what they're doing now because they deserve it after all that hard work.


Spice Girls Goodbye
Uploaded by skinandbones. - See the latest featured music videos.

No comments: