Monday, August 23, 2010

A Really Cool Relaxing Song About A Sad Separation: Sail On By The Commodores




You know it’s ironic how some songs sound so relaxing yet when you listen to the lyrics, it talks about a sad and painful separation. This is the type of songs that makes you want to pull up a chair light a cigar and pour a drink. At that point, you let the smoke and spirits take control as you drift by on what was. It’s strange that some songs that sound so sad can be so relaxing. One song that does that is “Sail On” by The Commodores.

This song really relaxes me when I had a hard day and things didn’t go well. When you listen to the lyrics, it’s very sad though. It talks about calling it quicks after failing to make a relationship work. As hard as it is to do, you have no choice but to let it go. Once the break is final, walk away while you still can because it will only hurt if you linger.

Despite, the sad message, there’s a light note at the end of the song as it gives both parties a chance to start anew. When the good times start, it really does feel good. People deserve to feel good after the bad times are over. As for me, this song not relaxes me but gives me hope that one day things will be better. For now, I’ll just sail on down memory lane with the smoke, spirits and this song to guide me.


No comments: