Thursday, August 5, 2010

Battered But Still Here: Through The Barricades By Spandau Ballet




I can’t believe we’re half way through this year and before you know it, it’s over. It started pretty well then my father’s sudden passing cast great shadow over us. I still can’t believe that he’s gone which is why we are doing the best that we can to pull together as a family as we prepare for the trails that lay ahead. Still, for some reason we came out all right and hopefully, we’ll continue to do so. Making it through all those years reminds me of the song “Through The Barricades” by Spandau Ballet.

A lot of times, I’ve seen fire and rain and I know my family’s seen and been through worse. A lot of wrong decisions and wasted opportunities can play hell on your life. It could give you a one-way-ticket to palookaville. In the end, however, everything rests with you and reap what you sow. Still, if accept the consequences of your actions and more on, then there’s hope for some change.

As a result, I really try to exercise more prudence in my decisions. I have to admit that I’m still a little stubborn about certain things, but nevertheless I have to be more practical even if I don’t like it. I just hope that what I’m working on will yield good results cause it’s not just for me but for the people around me. Right now, things are okay so far. I guess we’re still lucky cause we’ve been able to make through the years and hopefully we’ll continue to do so.

No comments: