Tuesday, August 10, 2010

This Not Only Sanctifies Me But Also Gives Me Hope That There's Something Good Out There: Caravan Of Love By The House Martins




Like I've said before, a good 24K song is better than any pill when you feel bad. One or two songs are enough to lift me out of a really bad mood. Apart from that, for some reason it gives me hope when things aren't going very well. This is particularly true for songs from the 70's and the 80's when things were very carefree. One song that does both is The House Martins'version of Caravan Of Love".

This was originally done by The Isley Brothers, I also like their version. I like the fact that it was an acoustic version which really made their voices shine through. Whenever I want to forget a really bad day or when something ruins my mood, I listen to this song and I feel better in no time flat. Who needs Prozac when this makes you feel good.

More than that, it gives me hope when there isn't any out there. The fact that it speaks of spreading love rather than hate is a really cool message. With the way things are, we really need more songs like these. These days it's all about whining and refusing to take responsibility for your mistakes which I don't need. If that's the case, I this and all my other 24K songs any time because they make me feel good and that's good enough for me.

No comments: