Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Should Have Seen It Coming: I Should Have Known By Aimee Mann

Boy, what a terrible weekend I had and the start of the week was no better. I failed to withdraw money from the atm and got a ticket for a wrong turn. To start it off, I got scrutinized on Sunday dinner, failed to attend mass because I couldn’t park the car and then I was told that some institution was not happy with the work that I made even if it was accurate. When bad things happen, it can really make your head spin and hurt so bad you’d wish that had you known that these things would happen, you’d have avoided it. Having that “I Knew It” phrase ringing in my head reminds me of the song, “I Should Have Known” by Aimee Mann.

I was taking a chance when that traffic incident happened because I wanted to give my share of the expenses as soon as possible and this is what I get for my troubles. As for the scrutiny at dinner, I guess it happens from time to time and until what I’m working on the internet yields results, I’m defenseless against it because I got into this predicament out of my own mistakes. For the write-up, I made sure that everything was in order and they endorsed the activity to me which is why I felt like I was slapped in the face when I heard the news. Boy, when things go wrong, it’s like the domino effect!

Well, live and learn is what they say so I guess that’s what I’ll do. Sure, this stinks but I am not going to curl up and hide under my bed. Life is hard and you’ve got face that hardship if you want to survive, let alone succeed. I guess the best thing for me to do is to learn from this so that it won’t happen again. You can’t foresee the future but you can learn from the past and move on.

No comments: