Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Saying A Prayer In The Hope That Things Will Be All Right: Say A Little Prayer For You By Aretha Franklin



You know the uncertainties that a person faces everyday always puts him or her on edge. You wake and try to be positive only to have something hit you from nowhere, leaving you annoyed or paranoid. That’s the reason why I pray before I go to bed in the hopes that things will get better. Some progressives will dismiss this as a childish thing but at least it gives me some sort of assurance that everything will be all right. With that in mind, I remember the song, “Say A Little Prayer For You” by Aretha Franklin.

It's been a rough 10 years for me and to add insult to injury, more problems just seem to pop up. I'm no saint but there times when I get frustrated because I try so hard and pray so hard only to have the opposite happen. As much as I don't want to loose faith, there are times when it gets frustrating and you fight the urge to curse or worse blaspheme. I know that we have to take bad as well as the good because that what life is. My gripe is that there's been too much of the bad and too little of the good.

Still, that doesn't mean that I take for granted the people and things that I still have with me. Not a day goes by that don't worry about everybody's safety because that last thing that I want is another tragedy. I guess that's the reason why I keep on trying and keeping praying in the hopes that things will get better and the storm will come to pass. In the mean time, I'll do what I can to help turn things around. Apart from that, I still say a little prayer.

No comments: