Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Tragedy That Could Have Been Avoided: Invisible Sun By The Police


co

The tragic ending to the hostage crisis in Manila sure casts a heavy shadow on the whole country. It's bad enough that we're trying to get out of the political and economic slump that's been hurting the country for so many years. What's worse is that so many innocent lives were lost and they only wanted to come and see what our country has to offer. Just when we'd hope things get would get better, it had just gotten worse instead. When of that hostage crisis and the lives lost in that incident and the effects that it had on all of us, the song "Invisible Sun" by The Police comes to mind.

Man, those people were here just here to have a good time and to have a mad man gun them down because he lost his job really infuriates me. I've had my share of tough times, I would never lash out at other people, let alone hurt them just because I had a bad day. Add to that the many mistakes that only contributed the pressure which caused the lives of innocent people has earned us another bad reputation. We've been holding rallies against other countries for so long, now we're getting getting our embassy's surrounded by demonstrators who stick tirades on our embassy seals. I guess it's our turn to feel the heat.

Right now, a lot of people are giving their insights on what happened and how it could have been avoided. Unfortunately, it'll never bring back the lives of those who were killed on that day. I do so hope that everyone learns from this tragedy so that it won't happen again. If it does, then it me that we didn't learn anything and it'll happen again. For me, that's another bad reminder that it's hopeless to even hope for change. I hate to think that things around here will be like this song about being an invisible sun where there hope is none.

No comments: