Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Countdown To 2010: The Final Countdown By Europe




Well, tonight's the night as everybody's getting ready to say goodbye to 2009 and say hello to 2010. I guess we're not only saying goodbye to a year but a decade as well. Some have firecrackers ready whiles others are stacking on the booze with their horns and anything that can make a loud noise. For me, I'm just thankful that we survived a very rocky year as well a very bad decade. When counting down is concerned, the only song that I can think of is the "Final Countdown" by Europe.

Right now, things are quiet but as the night starts to fall, don't be surprised that a lot of explosions and a drinking gonna take place. It's not about debauchery (well maybe a little)but to chase all the blues and crap away that happened during this year and boy, was there a lot of that. This year took a lot out of me emotionally that there were times when the stress really got to me. The already fragile bond that we had was further damaged this year. Good all's well and ends well shined through in the end.

I have a lot of hopes and wishes for this year, but I also realize that it won't fall on your lap and simply wishing won't make it come true. You gotta move is you want it to happen and that's what I plan to do. I want to really make things happen and I hope this time around, I get right. One I will ask on Christmas and New Year is that me and my family stay together; that we be protected from all harm and that we will be happy together. Well, Happy New Year to all and may it usher in the changes we all hope for.

No comments: