Saturday, December 12, 2009

Another Rare Find: Mary Anne By Marshall Crenshaw



As I have said a lot of times, what I like about 99.5 rt's 24K program is that they play all the great songs that I grew up with, a lot of which were made famous by the station way back then. Many of them were one-hit wonders whose sound still echoes in my mind and my heart. A lot of these songs make me stop what I am doing and savor the song no matter how faint the sound. A lot of these rare tunes I have started posting in my blog to share with readers and reflect the mode of my posts. Another song that I have found from the past is the song "Mary Anne" by Marshall Crenshaw.

I thought the Nitty, Gritty Dirt Band played this song but I was mistaken. Still I like this song the first time I heard it and it goes up there with "Got A Hold On Me" by Christie McVee and the all-time favorite "Opposites Do Attract" by the Allsports Band. It's about a guy who really wants to open his true feelings for a girl named Mary Anne and it got a lot of airplay back in 1982 during the best times of my life. Like all great 24K songs, I can't get enough of it every time I hear it and I don't want to get pulled away from until it's done. It is included in my top collection of 24K songs which I guard with my life.

Recently, I heard that Rt is presently trying to recover some of the songs that they have lost due to the change of ownership of the station. I wish them a lot of luck for it is a daunting task. Some of these song aren't even even on the web and nobody except the old DJs know about them. I hope they are able to get all them because they're worth they're weight in 24K gold. It's not 24k without them.


No comments: