Friday, December 25, 2009

Putting The Funk Back In Music: Hard To Handle By The Black Crowes




I have to admit, the one thing that didn't like about 80's music was it was too "synthesized". Despite the fact that there were a lot of good tunes, something was missing and that was the good old funk. When the 90's came in, music that only a few listened to back then, suddenly became mainstream and the best part about is apart from grudge and alternative music, many had that good old 60's and 70's funk to it. One such song was a remake by the Black Crowes called "Hard To Handle".

One thing I love about this song is that it came out when my hair was at its longest and my beard was at its thickest. Everytime I hear this song, I can't help but groove to it. For some reason, I really feel good when I hear it. If you're wearing 70's outfit, you wouldn't be ashamed of it when you hear this song. Makes you really want to act out the decade.

I don't listen to anything new anymore unless it's by a band that I always listen to. They just don't move me anymore because most of the time, they sound like people whining and they try to make excuses for themselves. Unlike that crap, this song and others from this band is the type you listen to with buds along with a couple of brewskies while having a good time. They don't make good songs like this anymore. It really puts the funk back in rock.

No comments: