Monday, December 28, 2009

It'll Always Be Rock And Roll: It's Still Rock And Roll To Me By Billy Joel




Music sure has taken a lot of forms through the years. These days there are several genres such as pock, R & B, Soul, rap , blues, jazz, ballads and so on and so forth. Then there is of course rock and roll which now different categories such as country, blues, rap, alternative heavy metal and even rap metal and the list goes on. For me no matter what the classification, it will always be rock and roll. I totally agree with Billy Joel on his song "It's Still Rock And Roll To Me".

I was never one to follow trends, but I when songs sounds, I know it's good. When it came to the slang, the fashion and what not, I was never really good at it. I was never into trends because I believe that good music never goes out of style. No matter how much has changed, what is important is that the essence of rock and roll is still there. If it sounds good and you can listen to it with your buds and bros, then it's worth listening to through the years.

These days, I don't listen to the radio anymore, except on 24K Weekend. I guess my time has past and I am content with the good songs that I hear on 24K. I don't what the new trend is and I guess I should just leave to the young. Be that as it may, I hope that someone out there shares the same belief as I do about good music. Remember no matter what the trend, it's still rock and roll to me and that is what's important.


No comments: