Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Try To Let It Go/Don't Carry A Grudge: Don't Look Back In Anger By Oasis




Well tomorrow's the last day of 2009. Everyone's preparing for round two of the holidays as some are stacking on booze while others are buying firecrackers to blow the bad year and still some are making resolutions that might be fulfilled in 2010. For me, I already know what I am going on that night, yet sometimes the past still lingers in my soul,especially when it comes to the wrong that was wrought upon me some people. It pisses me off that they can just forget about they did, but despite all that kept my peace during Christmas and my other brother reminded me to uphold the "truce" that night. When I hear the Oasis' song "Don't Look Back In Anger", I find that difficult, especially when I got crap poured on me even though I didn't do anything.

I'm not a prideful man,in fact, I'm very easy going to the point of being too "nice" as my friend always pointed out as my flaw. Still, I'm tired of always being the guy who becomes the victim during the crossfire while the real targets get away. True, I wanted everyone to be here, yet I'm disappointed that some people have short-term memories of the crap that they dish on others. I mean I've seen cold-blood serial killers who remember each and everyone of their victims, yet these guys tend to forget what they did, just like some jerk in a cartoon or anime who is too proud to admit their mistake, let alone their bad actions on others. I th think that's even worse.

I know that as the new year draws near, I should just chuck all that anger away. However, when people forget, there's possibility that it will happen again and it will be committed by the same people. For tomorrow, my plan is to open the bottle of whiskey that I bought and just watch the sky light up with fireworks. I don't if we learned anything from this year but I do hope next year will be a better year for all of us. Though I haven't for the deed, for now, I will just keep my peace and as the new year dawns, I'll try not to look back in anger.

No comments: