Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mood Still Hasn't/No One's Around Anymore: So Far Away By Carole King




I never thought I'd find myself growing old and alone. I don't not getting married but lately, I haven't any of my friends, let alone had a brew with them and the realization of that got me really down. It's bad enough that things here are getting crazy by the minute and you're left all alone with no one to run to. Times like this, I wish that I could turn back time when everybody was here and life was easier to deal with. Though that everybody's gone and getting on with their lives while things are getting crazy around here reminds me of the song "So Far Away" by Carole King.

The worst part about all this is the things I wanted to do and be didn't happened. If they did, it would at least give me some consolation knowing I'm living the life I wanted. But the sad is truth is that I am not due to my own failure and other factors that lead to this deplorable situation that I am in now. Like I've said before there still some things that I want to do even if the others can no longer be which is why I am still restless. If only I can see some of my "inner circle" friends again, it would do wonders for me because these are few people who I really feel comfortable with outside my family who banish can banish the crap just by being with them.

It would really be good to see them again, especially now that things aren't very good. Just to have a small chat is enough to chase the blues away and with the holidays fast approaching, apprehension and melancholy are all that I feel. Be that as it may. I soldier on because I chose this path and nobody would take the job. Hopefully, this storm will past and the crap along with it. Though they may be far away, the memories of their jolly company will remain inside me and that helps me get through the day.

No comments: