Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It Was Good Living There: Good By Better Than Ezra




Lately, I've been having flashbacks about the house in KM 16 where we used to live. Most of those memories revolve around the last two years that we occupied the place before we packed up and moved. I still remember the long road which was scary when I walked home and the many rooms where we slept and laughed, but most of all, I remember the last few blasts that we had back then. Part of me still can't believe that we stayed there that long and had a lot of good times. Remembering those last to years makes me want to remember the song "Good" by Better Than Ezra.

It was during that time that I have gotten over one of my "bad cycles" and life was starting to be good again. My freedom was at an all-time high and I spent my weekends any way I saw fit. Yet at that time a change was already starting as my father started scouting for a new house to live in and all of a sudden pieces of the furniture started to be taken out of the house until the day came that we all packed our stuff to move to a new place. Finally the day came where we said goodbye to the place where a lot of good times took place; more importantly, it was our own private idaho where we ruled.

It's been 10 years since then and I've gotten over another "bad cycle" in my life. These days I try to be more responsible and hope that I don't make the same mistakes again. I guess now is the time to spread out and find your place in the world (though I'm still haven't accomplished that). Still, a lot of times my mind wanders back to that place and the good times that we share when we were young. Those were crazy and good times and by God it was great living there.

No comments: