Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Suddenly Find Myself Asking This: Where Have All The Good Times Gone By Ray Davis and The Kinks




The holidays are now picking up with everybody wondering what to do next week. As for me, as the day draws near, it serves to heighten my anxiety. What I thought was a good year, turned even worse than last year. If things really fall apart, I fear this animosity is just grow even more. With all this wearing me down, I find myself wanting to listen to the "Where Have All The Good Times Gone" By Ray Davies And The Kinks.

Right now, mind is on Christmas past when we were all together getting totally plastered and living life up day in and day out until the holidays ended. Yesterday, things were cool and you lived life like there was no tomorrow. Today is a different story with lousy low-paying; the cost of living going up the roof and people's self-centeredness destroying once strong "bonds". What was a feeling of excitement is near replaced with a feeling of dread as one wonders if the night will be peaceful, let alone a success. I guess I'll find out next week whether I like or not.

It's easy to get off this ride but for some reason I ride out to the bitter end(in this case, even to the bitter begining). I miss the days of the whiskey bottle being passed out and all that smoke that we'd cough up before going to mass totally plastered. More importantly, I miss the feeling of that strong "bond" made us stand out from the rest which strengthened even more during the holidays. I just hope things work out in the end. Still, I really find myself asking where have all the good times gone?

No comments: